Make sure your presentation file is ready. Please save your file using the following naming format: Session – Last Name – First Name – e.g. WeAT1_Smith_John.pptx. (Please enter the Presenter’s Last Name – First Name)
- Go to embc2017upload.com You will then enter your Pin Number.
- You will need to select the correct session and check the Corresponding author, Corresponding author’s affiliation, Presentation Title, Date/Time and Place.
- Click the New upload, you submit the presentation material.
- Online submission will be closed as of 12:00 PM (GMT) on Sunday, 9th July. Any presentations upload after this date will need to be uploaded in the Speaker Ready room by 4 hours before presentation
- If your presentation contains any video or audio, please check your files to the Speaker Ready Room AT LEAST 24 hours in advance, due to additional processing time that may be required.
- Ignite Presentations also MUST be uploaded no later than Sunday, 9th July. in order to participate in their scheduled Ignite session.
Some helpful hints:
– If you have apostrophes or hyphens in your name please leave those out of the name field of the uploader, and the file name. e.g. enter O’Connor as OConnor.
– If you would like to make changes to your presentation and wish to upload a new version file, Please check already upload file and you can find the delete button.
– Embed your fonts! – This will greatly reduce chance of format troubles. – In PowerPoint: File > Options > Save – at the bottom you will see a checkbox to embed fonts, make sure it is checked! (This only works for True Type and Open Type fonts, proprietary fonts will not embed).
– All presentation files suggest aspect ratio of 16:9 (1920 x 1080 at 24 bit color depth)
– If you have media embedded in your PowerPoint, please run the Optimize Media Compatibility & Media Size and Performance tools in PowerPoint. File > Info – if you have media in your presentation these two options will appear. They are very important tools to make sure your videos run smoothly
– SUGGESTION! Operating system of every computer in Session room is Microsoft Window. There will be only two Apple Mac computers for emergency. However, participants will have VERY LIMITED access to Mac computers. Thus, we strongly ENCOURAGE participants to use PPT or PDF format when they upload their presentation.
– Participants who use “Keynote” should be aware of changing the format into PPT or PDF.
– If you are a Prezi user make a portable prezi and upload the entire zip file. Here is a link to the Prezi site if you do not know how to do this: https://prezi.com/support/article/sharing/download-a-portable-prezi
– In Mac computers, Prezi files are saved as .zip file. If you are using Mac, make sure that you save Prezi file as .exe file. Prezi files MUST be saved as .exe file. Otherwise, you may have problems when you are presenting.
– If you are using a PowerPoint version earlier than Office 2010 and are using video or sound files – your media files are linked to, not embedded in the ppt file – you will need to upload the separate files. Place the ppt file and the media files in one folder, zip the folder and upload the zip file. It is strongly recommended that you come to the Speaker Ready Room on site to upgrade these files to a newer PPT format with files embedded. Technicians will be on site to help.
– For questions/issues regarding uploading your presentation, please email: email@example.com