All Corresponding Authors of a full-contributed paper, who are scheduled for a Poster Presentation, are invited to participate in an optional Ignite Session.
The Ignite Session is optional, and will give you the opportunity to present your work in a two (2) minute oral presentation. Your Ignite Session will take place the same day as your poster presentation, immediately preceding your scheduled poster presentation.
For example, if your poster sessions is scheduled on Wednesday evening, your Ignite Presentation will take place on Wednesday in the session slot immediately before the poster session.
If you are interested in participating and taking advantage of the Ignite session option, you must register your submission on or before June 3, 2019 at 11:59PM, USA Pacific California time.
Only those who successful register will be scheduled for an Ignite Session.
Those interested are encouraged to register before the deadline. This deadline will not be extended.
Register to Participate:
To Register take the following steps:
- Visit to https://embs.papercept.net
- Under the EMBC 2019 Conference Click Submit a Contribution
- Click Submit in the row for Ignite Session Paper submission **Note: The Paper Submission Number you enter must be a Full Contributed paper that has been scheduled for a Poster presentation. Any other paper type will receive an error message, as it is not eligible to participate in the Ignite Session; Paper can only be submitted once. Any author of the Paper can submit the paper for Ignite Presentation
- Enter the submission number (this will display the title and all authors, including their PINs)
- Enter the PIN of the author that is designated as the Ignite session presenter
- Enter 1 for number of proposer and enter the PIN of the person performing this submission. **Note: This is NOT the presenter
- Designate as corresponding proposer who will present the Ignite Paper
- Click “Next”
- Select the paper that was submitted as the final submission for the paper
- Enter the password for the PIN of the person performing this submission (*If the password does not match the PIN of the person performing the submission, the script will return an error)
- Click “Submit”
Those who complete these steps successfully by the deadline will receive further communication on their scheduled their Ignite Session in their author workspace on or before June 11, 2019.
Ignite Presentation Slide Preparation:
Please prepare ONE SLIDE for 2 minutes, explaining the important part of your work. Please include in the slide ONLY the major contribution of your work, in a simple manner, to capture the interest of the audience. The slide should include and answer the following: what is the problem? why is it important? how you did it? and what is the major result and conclusion?
VERY IMPORTANT: if you want to take advantage of presenting your summary slide in the IGNITE session you MUST pre-upload your slide by Friday, July 12, 2019. No ignite slides will be accepted for upload on-site!
Choose the button for Ignite Session Uploader. You will be prompted for username and password.
User Name: EMBC2019
This will take you to the Upload page. Here you may either drag and drop your file in the upload box, or browse for your file.
Please make sure your file is labeled as follows:
Schedule Code_Paper #_Last Name_First Name
Download the Ignite Slide Template (PPT)
Authors who do not pre upload their slide according to the instructions by the deadline will not be able to participate in the IGNITE session (no exceptions). We are sorry to impose this requirement, but each speaker will only have 2 minutes to present, therefore, all the slides will have to be automatically pre downloaded to each room computer before the session and the presentation will run automatically in the computer without the presenter’s intervention to save time between presentations.
Day of Presentation
After the IGNITE session, poster presenters must promptly proceed to their scheduled poster session in the poster hall and stand by their posters from their scheduled poster presentation time (18:00 – 19:30). Participation in the Ignite Session does not remove the obligation to participate in the scheduled Poster session.