The EMBS leadership, along with the EMBC 2022 organizing committee are excited to host the 44th International Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference. With EMBC 2021 being held in the fall and the holidays quickly approaching, we are pleased to announce an extension for the Full Contributed Papers to Monday, January 24, 2022. This is a firm and final deadline.
We also would want to share our current plan below as we know there is still uncertainty with the ongoing pandemic.
- Conference dates: July 11 -15, 2022
- Conference location: Scottish Event Campus, Glasgow, Scotland UK
- If you are an Author of an accepted paper, you will be required to present your paper in person. The conference is not able to entertain a hybrid option, a remote presentation and/or the submission of a video presentation.
- Authors who are unable to travel due to country and/or institution restrictions may withdraw their submission, with no penalty, by April 30, 2022.
About the Conference
The IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society is pleased to announce that the 44th International Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference will be held in Glasgow, United Kingdom from 11-15 July 2022. This conference is themed, “Biomedical Engineering transforming the provision of healthcare: promoting wellness through personalized & predictable provision at the point of care”. The scientific tracks will cover the standard topics of the EMBS technical committees with an additional topic, consistent with the conference theme. Alongside the scientific sessions, there will be an exhibition comprising biomedical engineering companies, publishers, SMEs, start-ups, funded biomedical research, and Biomedical Engineering programs, Institutes, and Universities. The conference will provide networking opportunities for engineers, clinicians, scientists, and entrepreneurs, as well as for students and young professionals. The conference program consists of mini-symposia, workshops, invited sessions, oral and e-poster sessions, sessions for students and young professionals, and sessions for clinicians and entrepreneurs. Glasgow and Scotland, within which it sits, have been the center of innovation for scientific, medical and technical research for centuries – for example, John Macintyre established the world’s first hospital radiology department at Glasgow Royal Infirmary in 1896, and obstetric ultrasound was launched at the Queen Mother’s Hospital, Glasgow in the late 1950s. Many more technical and medical innovations are linked to Scotland and the wider UK – the seat of many scientific discoveries over many centuries.
All Submissions now open
Sessions Proposals, Mini-Symposia, Workshops, and Special Sessions
Submission deadlineJan 19, 2022
Accept/reject notification Jan 23, 2022
Final submissionFeb 2, 2022
Full contributed papers
(no further extension)Jan 24, 2022
Accept/reject notifyMar 25, 2022
Final Submission deadline Apr 8, 2022
1-page papers (Research Poster Papers)
Submission deadline Apr 1, 2022
Accept/reject notify Apr 28, 2022
Final submission deadlineMay 6, 2022
All deadlines are 11:59pm USA ( PST)
Conference themes include:
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Biomedical Imaging and Image Processing
- Micro/Nano-bioengineering Cellular/Tissue Engineering & Biomaterials
- Computational Systems, Modeling and Simulation in Medicine, Multiscale Modeling & Synthetic Biology
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems Engineering
- Neural and Rehabilitation Engineering
- Biomedical Sensors and Wearable Systems
- Biorobotics and Biomechanics
- Therapeutic & Diagnostic Systems and Technologies
- Biomedical & Health Informatics
- Biomedical Engineering Education and Society
- Translational Engineering at the Point of Care