Student Paper Competition
Annually the IEEE Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society, in connection with the Annual International EMB Conference, sponsors a Student Paper Competition (SPC).
Please continue to check this website for updates and information to come!
Student Volunteer Opportunities
As a non-profit association, IEEE and EMBS are organizations led primarily by the efforts of volunteer contributors. Each year, at the Annual EMB Conference, the conference organizers look to recruit student attendees to support in the logistical execution of the conference.
What does a Student Volunteer Do?
Student Volunteer efforts include, but are not limited to, supporting participant check in, directing participants to sessions and workshops, and prepare and distribute conference materials.
How do I know if I am Eligible to be a Student Volunteer?
In order to be eligible for student volunteer positions, one must be registered and paid in full to attend the conference at a student registration rate. Those registered to attend the conference at any other rate are not eligible for the student volunteer program.
What must the student volunteer commit to?
Student participants who register/apply to be included in the student volunteer program must complete 8 full volunteer hours (* Two Shifts of 4 hours each; Total of 8 Volunteer Hours)
- Register/Apply for the program in advance by the deadline
- Personally and directly meet the Eligibility requirements for the program; (Substitutions are not accepted. He or she who registers/applies and accepts the volunteer role/assignment, must be directly eligible and independently meet the eligibility requirements. No Exceptions)
- Complete the 8 hour volunteer hour commitment
- Meet the expectations of their assigned responsibility on site
Will be eligible for a refund of his or her paid admission fee to the conference.
Terms for the Volunteer Program:
- Volunteer Sessions are subject to cancellation and or changes at the discretion of the planning committee
- No Cash or Check Refunds will be issued
- All refunds will be issued to the original method of payment
- Refunds will be issued no less than 30 days after the conference has concluded (e.g. refunds will not be issued onsite)
- No partial refunds will be issued; One must meet the full 8 hours commitment in order to be eligible for admission fee refund. No Refunds will be issued for work that is not completed. (e.g. those who complete 7 hours, and not the full 8, will not be eligible for admission fee refund)
- Only the student admission fee will be reimbursed to qualified student volunteers; Workshop Fees, Social Event Tickets, Paper Submission Fees, Over length page charges, ect. are not refundable and are not within the scope of this program.
- Be mindful of your travel, presentation, session, workshop, and any other personal arrangements before committing to be a student volunteer. Space is limited and provided on a first come first serve basis.
- Changes to any selected shift will not be supported. Advisement from a registered volunteer that he or she is unable to meet his or her shift commitment, will result in removal from all shifts.
How do I become a student volunteer?
- Our student volunteer program is very popular. Registration is opened after the program is finalized. Please continue to check this website and follow us on social media for updates on the student volunteer registration!