- Be sure to note the name/address/ of the event venue:
14 Darling Dr, Sydney NSW 2000
- Share your plans. Advise a family member or friend of your travel plans, including the dates you will be gone, how you will travel to the meeting, and where you are staying.
- Note the EMBC2023 website address: https://embc.embs.org/2023
- Research your destination and review requirements for entry/exit, visa requirements, local laws, customs, medical care etc. If traveling abroad, note the location of the embassy or consulate of your home country. (source: https://fsm.embassy.gov.au/)
- Inform your bank and credit card companies of your travel plans and familiarize yourself with the local currency.
- Keep medications in your carry-on luggage.
- Make at least two photocopies of all your travel documents (passport, driver’s license, credit cards, etc.). Leave one copy with a trusted person at home and carry the other separately from your original documents.
- Keep your passport separate from your wallet to avoid theft. Do not carry your passport in your back pocket.
The World Health Organization (WHO) offers the following health guidance to help you prepare for your trip.
- Read up on your destination (local diseases, packing recommendations, and preventative medications).
- If traveling internationally, contact a travel medicine center or a physician, preferably 4–8 weeks before departure to receive any required vaccinations.
- Obtain prescriptions for your medications and assemble a suitable medical kit.
Please visit the World Health Organization’s website for any travel advisories for your destination prior to your trip.
Please visit https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19 for the up-to-date guidelines relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia including information relating to travel, staying safe, and hospitality.