Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World® Resort
Lake Buena Vista (Orlando), Florida USA
August 16-20, 2016
The 38th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC’16) will be hosted at Disney’s Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World® Resort, Lake Buena Vista (Orlando), Florida USA on August 16-20. The overall theme of the conference is “Empowering Individual Healthcare Decisions through Technology” and will cover diverse topics from cutting-edge biomedical and healthcare technology research and development to clinical applications and biomedical education. The conference program will also feature high-profile keynote lectures, minisymposia, workshops, invited sessions, oral and poster sessions, sessions for students and young professions, and exhibitions.
All are encouraged to submit papers to be considered for presentation at the EMBC’16. Conference themes include, but are not limited to:
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Biomedical Imaging & Image Processing
- Micro- & Nano-bioengineering; cellular & tissue engineering
- Computational systems & synthetic biology; Multiscale modeling
- Cardiovascular & Respiratory Systems Engineering
- Neural Engineering, Neuromuscular Systems & Rehabilitation Engineering
- Wearable biomedical sensors & systems
- Bio-Robotics, Surgical Planning and Biomechanics
- Therapeutic & Diagnostic Systems, Devices and Technologies, Clinical Engineering
- Biomedical and Health Informatics
- Biomedical Engineering Education and Society
All papers will be peer reviewed. Accepted full-length 4-page papers will appear in the Conference Proceedings and be indexed by IEEE Xplore and Medline/PubMed.
A very strong set of workshops and minisymposia will be presented, including Neural Engineering, Biomedical Big Data, Life Sciences across the IEEE, and Biomedical Engineering in Latin America.